Welcome to our Year 5 class page!
We hope you have had a lovely and refreshing half term holiday and are excited for the new term ahead.
We hope you are ready to work hard in Year 5 as we have a jam packed, fun filled term ahead of us where we will be learning all about:
- Science- Properties and changes of materials
- Geography- Brazil
- Art- Set Design
- Computing- Vector Drawing for Digital Art
- RE- What Would Jesus Do?
Our PE kit consists of:
- White T-shirt
- Sweatshirt or tracksuit top
- Navy shorts or tracksuit bottoms
- Sports socks
- Trainers or pumps
We will have PE on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Please make sure your child has the appropriate kit in school every day.
Uniform We feel that school uniform gives a sense of belonging and by dressing correctly, pupils can demonstrate their pride in their school. Our school uniform is:
- Grey trousers/shorts or a grey skirt/pinafore with grey tights or white socks
- Black socks are acceptable if worn under trousers
- Sky blue polo shirt
- Navy sweatshirt/jumper or cardigan with or without school logo
- Fleece – plain navy, with or without school logo
We also ask that children have suitable shoes for school and not trainers. Equipment All equipment is provided by school and we would prefer it if children did not bring their own pencils and pencil cases. However, a water bottle would be very useful to your child in order for them to access a drink throughout the school day. Homework Homework will be given to the children on Wednesdays and should be completed by the following Monday. It is important that the children bring their homework book, their reading record and their reading book to school every day.
Seesaw & Class Dojo
We use both apps in Year 5, they will give you an insight into your child’s day at school and inform you when your child receives a reward.
We are looking forward to the year ahead.
Mrs Fernández & Mrs Lynch