Sports Ambassadors and Play Leaders
To increase participation in PE and promote a healthy lifestyle Sports Ambassadors and Play Leaders deliver sports and activities to younger children and their peers at break time and lunch time. Sports Ambassadors and Play Leaders promote the positive values of sport and act as role models within school and at sporting events and competitions. Sports Ambassadors are trained via the Tameside Sports Ambassadors Programme and Play Leaders by Freddie Fit.
Sports Ambassadors and Play Leaders require a number of qualities:
- must be approachable and have good relationships with all children
- must be a positive role model and have a good attitude towards learning and playing sports
- must be a good team member
- must be able to engage and inspire others
- must be organised and a good time keeper