Welcome To Nursery September 2020
Welcome to the Nursery class page!
Mrs Larnder-Cox and I met many of you during our socially distanced home garden visits, it was lovely coming to see you and finding out about you. We have very busy making name cards, pictures and displaying photographs of you. We are looking forwards to finding out more about you in the year ahead.
Our first topic is "Marvellous Me!" and during this topic we will be learning about what your children are good at, how they learn and generally all about them - likes and dislikes, families, etc. To help us to get to know your children, we will be asking them to do specific tasks, e.g. colour a picture where we will look at their pencil control and grip, counting cubes, what shape is the clock? Lets jump as high as we can and many more.
Activities that you can do at home to assist in your child's development:
- practice writing your child's name with them, making sure that they hold the pencil correctly
- ensure that they are able to recognise their name when they see it
- point out letters from their name in the environment, "look there is the start of your name on that sign"
- counting cars that you pass on your way to school
- looking out for numbers in the environment, on doors, car registrations, on lamp posts, in the shop etc
- counting as you go up the stairs to bed
- singing nursery rhymes before bed (I will be sending a list home of some of the ones that we will be covering).
- completing your child's homework with comments so that we are able to assess how well children have completed the task
As we are currently not able to provide snacks prepared in school, please could children bring a healthy snack in a separate sandwich bag to their lunch (if they stay for lunch) and ensure that this is clearly labelled with their name.
We are looking forward to an exciting term ahead, getting to know your children.
If you have any concerns or information you want to share with us, please send a message on Seesaw and we will reply as soon as possible.
Thank you for all your support.
Mrs C Brown (Class Teacher), Mrs H Larnder-Cox (Teaching Assistant) and Mrs M Schofield (Teaching Assistant)