Welcome To Nursery
Welcome back, we hope you have had a good holiday. We have been very busy planning a fantastic half term for your children. This half term, we have several short topics: ‘Bonfire Night’, ‘Diwali’ and ‘Christmas’.
Diwali/Bonfire Night - During this topic, we will be learning about sounds, colours, descriptive language, 2-dimensional shapes and staying safe. We will also be finding out about the Hindu festival of Diwali. There will be lots of pattern making during this topic.
Christmas – In this topic, we will be learning about the story of Christmas, enjoying acting in the Christmas performance, singing and dancing to a beat and exploring different media. We’ll also be making Christmas Lists and Christmas cards, baking Christmas treats and making tree decorations. Finally, we’ll host our fantastic Christmas performance, where your little ones will be shining on stage as they tell the Christmas story.
Things you can do at home:
- Looking for shapes around us – clock (circle), television (rectangle), cushion (square).
- When you are out and about, ask your child about what they can see and hear – these things will become part of lots of our phonics games.
- Look for numbers in the environment – door numbers, car number plates, prices in a shop, telephone numbers.
- Look for patterns in the environment – are they repeating? Can you see a pattern?
- Counting – count the stairs, count the green cars in the car park.
- Practise writing your child’s name and give them lots of opportunities to write in different ways (sand, goo, jelly).
Please provide your child with a healthy snack that will accompany their milk in the morning. This can be cheese strings, crackers, yoghurt tubes, fruit etc.
Please can you make sure all of your children’s clothes have their names written on the label or sewn on the inside.
We are looking forward to an exciting term ahead.
Thank you for all of your support.
Mrs Brown and Mrs Larnder-Cox