Welcome To Nursery September 2021
Welcome back, we hope you have had a lovely holiday. We have missed the children and are looking forward to an exciting half term ahead. This half term, we will be enjoying our visit to the ‘Sea Life Centre’ at the Trafford Centre, this will be our ‘WOW’ experience for the children to enhance their learning throughout the topic.
In numeracy, we will be continuing to recognise and order numbers and linked to this, we will be writing numbers. We will also be learning about the properties of 2D and 3D shapes.
In literacy and Personal and Social time, we will be looking at stories that enable the children to talk about their feelings: ‘Rainbow Fish’, ‘Sharing a Shell’ and ‘Little Fish’, which all explore feelings issues. We will also be looking at non-fiction books, writing about our trip to the Sea Life Centre and doing lots of speaking and listening activities. We also need to continue to write our names.
Things you can do at home:
- Watching ‘under the sea’ programs on the television, talking about what they are seeing.
- Look for shapes in the environment – what 2D/3D shapes can they recognise?
- Counting, recognising and writing numbers.
- Practise writing your child’s name.
- Ask your children to spot phonic sounds in the environment that they recognise. Are they able to recognise the sounds/letters in their names?
- Completing your child’s homework with comments so that we are able to assess how well the children have completed the task.
We are looking forward to an exciting last half term ahead. Thank you for all your support.
Mrs Brown, Mrs Larnder-Cox and Mrs Taylor