Welcome back, we hope you had a good half term holiday. We have been very busy planning a fantastic half term for us. This half term we have a number of short topics - Diwali and Bonfire Night, "The Gingerbread Man" and Christmas.
During our Diwali and Bonfire Night topic we will be learning about sounds, colours, descriptive language, two dimensional shapes and staying safe. We will also find out about the Hindu festival of Diwali. There are lots of patterns to look forward to making during this topic.
In our Gingerbread Man topic we will be exploring what happens in the story, looking at patterns with shapes, pictures and colours. As part of our Literacy we will be looking at characters, the order of the story and repetitive language.
Our Christmas topic will be learning about the story of Christmas, enjoying acting in the Christmas performance, singing and dancing to a beat, exploring different media, making Christmas lists, Christmas cards, baking Christmas treats and making tree decorations.
Activites that you can do at home to assist in your child's development:
- practice writing your child's name with them, making sure that they hold the pencil correctly
- ensure that they are able to recognise their name when they see it
- point out letters from their name in the environment, "look there is the start of your name on that sign"
- counting cars that you pass on your way to school
- looking out for numbers in the environment, on doors, car registrations, on lamp posts, in the shop etc
- counting as you go up the stairs to bed
- singing nursery rhymes before bed (I will be sending a list home of some of the ones that we will be covering).
Thank you for all your support.
Mrs C Brown (Class Teacher), Mrs H Larnder-Cox (Teaching Assistant) and Mrs M Schofield (Teaching Assistant)