Welcome To Nursery
Happy New Year! Welcome back, we hope you have had a fabulous Christmas and a lovely holiday. We have been very busy planning a fantastic half term for your children. This half term we will be learning all about Winter and Healthy Eating.
Winter – During this topic we will be looking at changes in the environment, different types of weather and the clothing we will need. We will also be asking the questions: what happens to water when it freezes? What makes ice melt?
We will be beginning to look at time, what happens during the day on a visual timetable, why there are different times of day and how long it takes us to do activities. We will be using sand-timers to time ourselves doing physical activities, for example hopping or jumping. We will be continuing to improve our fine motor skills, practising writing patterns, using scissors and writing in different mediums e.g. shaving foam.
Healthy Eating – During this topic we will be finding out What foods are good for our bodies? How do we exercise and why? We will be looking at the story of Handa’s Surprise and the different fruits that she has.
Things you can do at home:
- Look for signs of winter in the environment.
- Look for numbers in the environment – door numbers, car number plates, prices in a shop, telephone numbers.
- Counting – ask children to count regularly, cutlery on the table, stairs up to bed, cars in the car park, and lamp posts on the way to school.
- Practise writing your child’s name.
- Looking for different logo’s in the environment – can you find a road sign? What does the Asda logo look like?
- What does it mean to be healthy? Practise some of the yoga routines.
- Completing your child’s homework with comments, so that we can assess how well the children have completed the task.
We are looking forward to an exciting half term ahead. Thank you for all your support.