Welcome To Nursery
Welcome back! We hope you feel refreshed and all the winter bugs have cleared up. Our Nursery team have been very busy planning an exciting half term for your children. This half term, we will be learning all about Changes in Spring and The Story of Easter.
New Life & Growing – we will be looking at different lifecycles, those of the frog and the chick. We will also be having some little visitors to the classroom for the children to watch change and grow. We are going to be focussing on two stories: ‘Oliver’s Vegetables’ and ‘Jasper’s Beanstalk’, which are both lovely stories about growing.
As we are Church of England school, we will be looking at why Easter is important to Christians. The children will be retelling the story, making Easter gardens and cards as well as going on an Easter egg hunt.
Things you can do at home:
- Do some gardening at home and look at the signs of spring.
- Learn the days of the week song.
- Plant some vegetables and watch them grow.
- Look for signs of spring around the local area.
- Look for numbers in the environment – door numbers, car number plates, prices in a shop, telephone numbers.
- Use mathematical language to describe positions of objects and the size and length of them.
- Practise writing your child’s name, using the correct pencil grip.
- Complete your child’s homework with comments so that we can assess how well the children have completed the task.
We are looking forward to an exciting half term ahead. Thank you for all your support.
Mrs Brown and Mrs Larnder-Cox